BILLINGS, MT – Ten students from around the region have been named as the 2012 recipients of college scholarships from the Northern International Livestock Exposition (NILE). The NILE is dedicated to agricultural education and each year awards of $50,000 in cash and live animal scholarships.
This year’s recipients are:
• Michaela Blevins of Ronan, MT. Blevins is the daughter of Craig and Beth Blevins and a graduate from Ronan High School. Blevins is planning to attend Northwest College in Powell, WY majoring in agri-business and wants to become and embryo transfer technician.
• Abbi Boggess of Deer Lodge, MT. Boggess is the daughter of Richard and Shelli Boggess and a graduate of Powell County High School. Boggess plans to attend Northwest College in Powell, WY, majoring in animal science and a career in cattle embryonics.
• Raquel Boyd of Alder, MT. Boyd is the daughter of Ellis and Rhonda Boyd and is a graduate of Sheridan High School. Boyd will be attending Montana State University in Bozeman, majoring in animal science and pre-veterinary medicine. She would like to go on and become an equine holistic veterinarian.
• Brooke Corcoran of Billings, MT. Corcoran is the daughter of Jim and Bernice Corcoran and a graduate of Shepherd High School. Corcoran plans on attending MSU College of Technology in Billings majoring in veterinary science with plans on becoming and X-Ray technician in a veterinary hospital.
• Ashley Hartman of Lewistown, MT. Hartman is the daughter of Dan and Michelle Hartman and a graduate from Denton High School. Hartman will be attending Northwest College in Powell, WY, this fall majoring in animal science and plans to become a veterinarian.
• Ellen Hollifield from Dillon, MT. Hollifield is the daughter of James and Linda Hollifield and a graduate from Beaverhead County High School. Hollifield plans to attend Feather River College in Quincy, CA, and go on to work with a major horse trainer.
• Elyssa Leininger of Billings. Leininger is the daughter of Dean and Christina Leininger and a graduate from Billings Central Catholic High School. Leininger plans to attend either Creighton University, Carrol College, or Rocky Mountain College majoring in pre-med with plans of becoming a doctor or physician’s assistant.
• Jessica Pingetzer from Shoshoni, WY. Pingetzer is the daughter of Rich and Kay Pingetzer and a graduate of Shoshoni High School. Pingetzer will be attending Casper College in Casper, WY majoring in agri-business with plans to return to the farm after college.
• Jordyn Raffety from Dillon, MT. Raffety is the daughter of Mark and Roberta Raffety and a graduate from Beaverhead County High School. Raffety will be attending Montana State University in Bozeman this fall majoring in animal science and plans a career in international beef production.
• Dana Weatherford from Joliet, MT. Weatherford is the daughter of Bryan and Linda Weatherford and a graduate from Joliet High School. Weatherford will be attending North Dakota State University majoring in Animal Science with a goal of becoming a bovine embryonic specialist. F