Obituaries for July 16, 2012
September 24, 2012
Diane Jean Goble, 80, of Greeley, Colo., passed away July 6, 2012, in Greeley, Colo., after a brief illness.
She was born in Greeley, Colo., on April 12, 1932, to John Mitzel and Martha (Zimbelman) Mitzel. Diane graduated from Prospect Valley High School in 1949 and married her high school sweetheart, Jack Goble, in a garden wedding on June 26, 1953, at the Mitzel farm in Prospect Valley.
After a brief stay in San Antonio, Texas, while Jack was serving in the Air Force, they moved to the farm in Prospect Valley where they farmed in partnership with Diane's parents and raised their family. They retired to Greeley, Colo., in 2001. Diane was a dedicated wife and mother, helping and encouraging all her children and grandkids through school activities, 4-H, scouts, FFA, SE Weld Jr. Fair and Rodeo and school sports. There was always a warm welcome and a wonderful meal in Diane's home. Many of Diane's children's friends knew her as "Mom." All the grandchildren looked forward to "Grandma Cookies" and "Grandma Dinner Rolls."
She is survived by her husband, Jack of Greeley, Colo.; children, Kirk (Sally) of Greeley, Colo., Craig (Ginny) of Sacramento, Calif., Kevin of Loveland, Colo., Christi (Troy) of Eckley, Colo.; 11 grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and Darla Goble, Denise Carlson and Tim Furnish.
Memorial services were held July 11, 2012, at First Church of the Nazarene in Greeley, Colo.
Interment was at Sunset Memorial Gardens.
Condolences may be sent to the family at http://www.AdamsonChapels.com. ❖
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- RICHARD EUGENE KEIL, 70MAY 15, 1947 – JULY 12, 2017WHEATLAND, WYO.
- Beth Ann Tucker, 64 April 9, 1953 – July 4, 2017 Pierce, Colo.
- Plains Edition Obituaries
- Rocky Mountain Obituaries 11-24: Larry Dean Winograsky; Albert M. Nickerson; Frank Forsyth Sweigard; Averill Hudnall; Gene Milburn; Jack Curry; Donna Thoma
- DALE NICHOLS, 59SEPT. 19, 1957 – JULY 5, 2017PLATTEVILLE, COLO.
- Largest horse rescue operation in US
- Drought beginning to take hold on area rangelands; June was 2nd driest June on record in Neb.
- Facebook enforces ban on selling animals, sending ripples through the ag community
- All American Beef Battalion volunteers cook steaks for soldiers and their families
- Kangaroos in Wyoming?!