June 27, 2017
Sharon Raasch – Imperial, Neb.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can chili with beans
- 1 15 oz. can chili beans
- 1 15 oz. can whole tomatoes
- 2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 2 8 oz. cans tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. masa (corn flour)
- 3 Tbsp. chipotle chile powder
- 10 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Sliced green onions
Heat skillet over medium heat.
Add beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
In stockpot, combine beef, chili, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste; mix well.
Cook over medium heat.
Stir in onion and habanero.
Stir masa, chile powder, chili powder and garlic powder into pot.
Season with salt, black pepper and cayenne, if desired.
Simmer one hour or until flavors are developed.
Serve chili in soup bowls with cheese, sour cream and sprinkling onions.
Recommended Stories For You
- Largest horse rescue operation in US
- All American Beef Battalion volunteers cook steaks for soldiers and their families
- Drought beginning to take hold on area rangelands; June was 2nd driest June on record in Neb.
- Facebook enforces ban on selling animals, sending ripples through the ag community
- Kangaroos in Wyoming?!