Ham and Cheese Soup
June 27, 2017
Chris Bryant – Johnson City, Tenn.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced.
- 1 c. celery, sliced1 c. carrots, peeled and sliced.
- 3 c. water
- 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. flour
- 2 c. cooked ham, diced
- 1 quart milk
- 1 pound mild cheddar cheese, grated
Cook potatoes, celery, carrots and water into large, 5 to 6 quart saucepan.
Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
Whisk butter and flour into paste.
Add ham and milk to boiled vegetables.
Stir constantly until smooth over medium heat, then bring to a boil.
Remove soup from heat and stir in cheese.
Recommended Stories For You
- Largest horse rescue operation in US
- All American Beef Battalion volunteers cook steaks for soldiers and their families
- Drought beginning to take hold on area rangelands; June was 2nd driest June on record in Neb.
- Facebook enforces ban on selling animals, sending ripples through the ag community
- Kangaroos in Wyoming?!