Peach French Toast
June 27, 2017
Marlene Maurer • Lakewood, Colo.
- 1 c. Brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 1 (29 oz) can Sliced peaches, drained
- 12 (1/2-inch thick) slices Day old bread
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
In a saucepan, stir brown sugar, butter and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour brown sugar mixture in a 9-by-13-inch pan, covering bottom. Place peach slices over sugar mixture. Top with bread. Whisk eggs and vanilla then pour over bread to coat evenly. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate over night or 8 hours. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking to bring to room temperature. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Recommended Stories For You
- Largest horse rescue operation in US
- All American Beef Battalion volunteers cook steaks for soldiers and their families
- Drought beginning to take hold on area rangelands; June was 2nd driest June on record in Neb.
- Facebook enforces ban on selling animals, sending ripples through the ag community
- Kangaroos in Wyoming?!