Strawberry Applesauce | Sharon Raasch – Imperial, Neb.
September 4, 2017
2 macintosh apples
2 gala or empire apples
1/4 c. apple juice
2 tbsp. strawberry jam
1 1/2 tbsp. butter
Peel and core apples.
Cut into chunks in saucepan.
Place butter, juice and apples on medium heat.
When mixture begins to boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
Cover for 10 minutes.
Crush apples with a fork or masher until chunky and stir in strawberry jam.
Serve warm and refrigerate leftovers.
Recommended Stories For You
- 7 JBS plants shut down in Brazil
- Wyoming attorney Karen Budd-Falen may be next BLM leader
- Waterways Council: Ohio River closures shows need for infrastructure
- On the Trail: Reenactor Henry Crawford focused on people, not objects, when celebrating history
- Chancey Williams will perform at the 9th round opening ceremony at the WNFR