Cover crop field day June 29 at Sidney, Neb.
A field day at Sidney on June 29 will focus on “Incorporating Cover Crops and Annual Forages into Cropping Systems: Providing Research Based Information to Producers in Western Nebraska.”
The event, sponsored by Nebraska Extension, will run from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the UNL High Plains Ag Lab, Sidney. There is no charge to attend, but to make sure enough lunches are provided, attendees are asked to RSVP by June 19 to: Panhandle Research and Extension, (308) 632-1230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Are Cover Crops a Viable Option for Western Nebraska Dryland Crop Production? (Cody Creech, UNL Dryland Cropping Systems Specialist)
· Annual Forages for Beef Cattle in Western Nebraska (Karla Jenkins, UNL Cow-Calf and Range Management Specialist)
· Summary of Research on impacts of cover crops on soil and value of diversity in the mix (Bjesh Maharjan, UNL Soil and Nutrient Management Specialist)
· Tour of ongoing cover crop research (Mitch Stephenson, UNL Forage and Range Management Specialist)
· Working Lunch with group discussion over the use of cover Crops and Annual Forages in Western Nebraska
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
CASPER, Wyo. — The following are results after Monday slack at the 72nd annual College National Finals Rodeo, June 14, 2021 courtesy of the National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association. Complete results are available at www.collegerodeo.com.