District 4-H Horse Shows scheduled during June
LINCOLN, Neb. – Nebraska horse riders will compete June 7-10 and June 15 and 16 in University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension 4-H District Horse Shows.
Competition categories include Western pleasure ponies, junior and senior divisions of Western pleasure horses, Western horsemanship, English pleasure horses, English equitation, reining, pole bending and barrel racing, said Kathy Anderson, UNL Extension horse specialist.
Riders awarded blue and purple ribbons at district shows qualify to enter the 2010 4-H Horse Exposition in Grand Island July 11-15 and automatically will be entered into state classes. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to enter the Ak-Sar-Ben 4-H Horse show in September.
The annual district shows are held at county fairgrounds across Nebraska. All times listed are local. This year’s dates, times, locations and local contact persons are:
– June 7, 9 a.m. check in, 10 a.m. show time, Sidney, Kerry Elsen, (308) 254-4455
– June 8, 8 a.m. check in, 9 a.m. show time, Bloomfield, Terry Gompert, (402) 288-5611
– June 9, 8 a.m. check in, 9 a.m. show time, Madison, Sara Nelson, (402) 370-4040
– June 10, 8 a.m. check in, 9 a.m. show time, Lincoln, Marty Cruickshank, (402) 441-7180
– June 15, 8 a.m. check in, 9 a.m. show time, North Platte, Brenda Aufdenkamp, (308) 532-2683
– June 16, 8 a.m check in, 9 a.m. show time, Taylor, Steve Niemeyer, (308) 346-4200
For more information about the district and state horse shows, including complete schedules and rules, visit the Web at http://www.animalscience.unl.edu/extension/equine/4H/districtstateshows.html.