Extension schedules chemigation certification trainings planned
LINCOLN, Neb. – University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension will conduct numerous chemigation certification training sessions in western Nebraska during March, April and May.
Irrigators who plan to chemigate during 2011, including those whose 2010 permits expired Dec. 31, are required to attend a training session and pass the test administered afterward.
Anybody who plans to attend one of the certification training sessions is asked to pre-register at the extension office whose session they plan to attend. There is no charge for the training or the manuals. Training and testing will take approximately 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours.
Training sessions for western Nebraska are listed below. Any additional sites will be listed at the Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality Chemigation page at http://www.deq.state.ne.us/Chemig.nsf/Pages/Chemtrai
– Stapleton, March 9, 1:30 p.m. (central), Logan County Courthouse. Contact Logan County Extension, (308) 645-2267.
– Bridgeport: March 10, 1:30 p.m., Prairie Winds Community Center. Contact Jim Schild, (308) 632-1480.
– Scottsbluff: March 16, 1:30 p.m., Panhandle Research and Extension Center. Contact Jim Schild, (308) 632-1480.
– Sidney: March 16, 1 p.m., Holiday Inn. Contact Karen DeBoer, (308) 254-4455
– Alliance: March 17, 9 a.m., Alliance Library. Contact Bill Booker, (308) 762-5616.
– North Platte: March 3, March 31, April 21, May 5, 1:30 p.m. (central time), West Central Research and Extension Center. Contact Dave Boxler, (308) 696-6721.
– Valentine: April 11, 1 p.m. (central time), Extension Office. Contact Jay Jenkins, (402) 376-1850.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User