Four-state meat goat seminar planned Oct. 3
LEXINGTON, Neb. – The Seventh Annual Four State Goat Expo will begin at 8 a.m. with registration at the Dawson County Fairgrounds on Sat., Oct. 3, 2009, said Randy Saner, Lincoln/McPherson County Extension Educator. Entries and weigh in of show and sale goats will take place Friday evening from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Although Kansas, Colorado, South Dakota and Nebraska are the official four states in the name, the event is expected to draw up to 300 participants from a seven-state area, Saner said.
Program topics include:
• Goat Nutrition for the Great Plains – Frank Pinkerton
• Improving Reproduction in the Goat – Beth Walker
• Parasite Management – Randy Saner
• Famacha Training – Randy Saner
• Fitting and Showing Goats – Beth Walker
• The Ligher Side of Goats – Dr. Joe Jeffrey
• Disease Concerns from Goats to Humans – Dr. Todd Longfellow
• Economics of Raising Goats – Frank Pinkerton
• Producer Panel – Beth Walker, Roland Helberg, Jo Bek and Frank Pinkerton
Added attractions include commercial vendors, door prizes and a goat raffle, a Nebraska products display and a meat goat breeders’ display, Saner said.
Beth Walker will judge the Sunday show, which begins at 9:00 a.m. in the Stevens Arena. Grand and Reserve Champion Awards are sponsored by G Man Feed and Seed Store. The sale starts at 1:00 p.m. with auctioneer Wendell Brott.
For more information, call your local extension office or download an agenda and registration form from the Website at http://www.4sgoatexpo.com.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Sens. John Hoeven, R-N.D., and Michael Bennet, D-Colo., recently reintroduced the Modernizing Agricultural Transportation Act, bipartisan legislation to reform the Transportation Department’s hours of service and electronic logging device (ELD) regulations. Their bill would delay…