Four-state meat goat seminar planned Oct. 3
LEXINGTON, Neb. – The Seventh Annual Four State Goat Expo will begin at 8 a.m. with registration at the Dawson County Fairgrounds on Sat., Oct. 3, 2009, said Randy Saner, Lincoln/McPherson County Extension Educator. Entries and weigh in of show and sale goats will take place Friday evening from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Although Kansas, Colorado, South Dakota and Nebraska are the official four states in the name, the event is expected to draw up to 300 participants from a seven-state area, Saner said.
Program topics include:
• Goat Nutrition for the Great Plains – Frank Pinkerton
• Improving Reproduction in the Goat – Beth Walker
• Parasite Management – Randy Saner
• Famacha Training – Randy Saner
• Fitting and Showing Goats – Beth Walker
• The Ligher Side of Goats – Dr. Joe Jeffrey
• Disease Concerns from Goats to Humans – Dr. Todd Longfellow
• Economics of Raising Goats – Frank Pinkerton
• Producer Panel – Beth Walker, Roland Helberg, Jo Bek and Frank Pinkerton
Added attractions include commercial vendors, door prizes and a goat raffle, a Nebraska products display and a meat goat breeders’ display, Saner said.
Beth Walker will judge the Sunday show, which begins at 9:00 a.m. in the Stevens Arena. Grand and Reserve Champion Awards are sponsored by G Man Feed and Seed Store. The sale starts at 1:00 p.m. with auctioneer Wendell Brott.
For more information, call your local extension office or download an agenda and registration form from the Website at http://www.4sgoatexpo.com.
Livestock Marketing Association’s Cattle Marketing Hall of Fame Class of 2022 included Jim Santomaso who, with his wife, Becky, owns Sterling (Colorado)Livestock Commission. Santomaso and Robert (Bob) Rodenberger, Col. Ralph Wills Wade, and the late…
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User