Golden Plains Area Extension site gardening assistance
The growing season is upon us and it is that time of year when gardening and horticulture questions arise. The Golden Plains Area Horticulture Agent will be traveling to each county one day per week from June 1 to September 1 to provide you assistance.
• Tuesday, June 1 and all Tuesdays following: Yuma County Extension Office in Wray, Colo., at (970) 332-4151.
• Wednesday, June 2 and all Wednesdays following: Washington County Extension Office in Akron, Colo., at (970) 345-2287.
• Thursday, June 3 and all Thursdays following: Phillips County Extension Office in Holyoke, Colo., at (970) 854-3616.
• Friday, June 4 and all Fridays following: Sedgwick County Extension Office in Julesburg, Colo., at (970) 474-3479.
• Monday, June 7 and all Mondays following: Kit Carson County Extension Office in Burlington, Colo., at (719)346-5571.
Donations for site visits have always been welcomed in previous year and have been so much appreciated. There have never been site visit fees in the past. However, with budget cuts and the rising cost of gas, it will be necessary for us to begin charging a nominal fee for each site visit. If a site visit can be scheduled on the day the agent is in your county’s office, then there will be a $5 in-town visit or $5 plus mileage for outside city limits. If a site visit is requested outside the date he is scheduled for your county, or before or after the dates of June 1 through September 1, then there will be a $5 fee plus mileage from the Holyoke Office. Any lab tests would be over and above the site visit fee.
Please call the local Extension office in your county to schedule a site visit appointment. To access information, events, workshops and even area alerts, please visit the Golden Plains Area Extension Website at http://GoldenPlains.ColoState.edu.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
According to a letter to members from the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association president Jerry Bohn, there were no triggers tripped in the negotiated trade volume silo during the second quarter, meaning there will be no…