High Plains Ag Lab Field Day planned June 23
SIDNEY, Neb. – Wheat will be the focus of the 39th annual June Field Day scheduled for June 23 at the University of Nebraska High Plains Ag Lab near Sidney. Speakers from the University, including P. Stephen Baenziger, small grains breeder from Lincoln, will provide up-to-date information about:
– Performance of spring canola
– Nitrogen management in irrigated white wheat
– Feral rye control in Clearfield wheat
– What’s new in wheat varieties
– Remote sensing to track wheat curl mite movement and wheat streak mosaic virus spread
– Downy brome control in winter wheat
-Organic wheat variety evaluation
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. At 9 a.m., trailers will be loaded and head to the plots. The field day will conclude around noon.
To get to the High Plains Ag Lab, take U.S. 385 to the Huntsman Elevator (6 miles north of Sidney or 7 miles south of Gurley), then drive 2 miles west, then 1/2 mile north.