NBHA NE 05 District 4-7-12
Welcome NBHA NE05 members and prospective members. Get yer gear; get yer horses – its time to barrel race!!!
Entry fee and payouts are the same as they were in 2012.
• Open $30, Youth $20 and Peewee $2. (payout $20 and $10)
• Exhibitions are $5.
• Nomination for Open and Youth – $30.
• Arena fee per person (does not include Peewee) – $5
• Non NBHA member fee – $5
• There will be a Peewee nomination this year of $5. Peewees must run in at least 4 runs by August 1st to qualify for yearend awards.
Last year we voted to sell raffle tickets for a chance of two headstalls. The headstalls were made and donated by Watt Performance Horses, Garry, Diann and Jacey Watt – specializing in rope, barrel and reined cow horses. I will have the raffle tickets for you to pick up at our first run. Tickets will be $1 each, or 6 for $5. The drawing for the headstalls will be at our finals which will be announced later. These headstalls were donated to assist the 05 District in purchasing a speaker system.
Our runs scheduled for this year are as follows: All are double runs. Exhibitions will be prior each run.
• May 12th – Bridgeport Arena – Enter at 9, run at 10 with the second to follow.
• May 26th – Sullivan’s Arena in Oshkosh – Enter at 9, run at 10 with the second to follow.
• June 2nd – Buttles Arena in Harrisburg – Enter at 9, run at 10 with the second to follow. Wyo 2 co-sanctioning with us.
• June 15th-17th – State in Broken Bow. To be eligible for State you must have ran in your district 3 runs between June 19th last year to June 14th this year.
• June 30th – Whitefeather Ranch by Hillsboro Wyo. Host district is Wyo 2. Enter at 10, run at 11 with the second to follow. Exhibitions are limited to 35 – one exhibition per horse unless exhibitions are not filled.
• July 14th – Buttles Arena in Harrisburg – Enter at 9, run at 10 with the second to follow.
• July 28th – Possibly at Lisco – will know more later.
If anyone would like to host a run, please let me know. I would like to have finals towards the end of August when school starts.
* Neo5 scheduled runs and results will be posted in the Fence Post.
* Remember – nomination fee MUST be paid before points will count. Those nominating will receive the fence post at no extra charge. If two members from one family is nominating, one will pay $30 the other will pay $25.
* My cell number is (970) 466-0162. If you have text messages on your phone, please let me know and make sure I have your number. This will save me time if I need to make changes due to weather.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
On the heels of Kansas State University’s livestock judging team earning the highly-coveted No. 1 national championship in late 2020, K-State’s new 2021 livestock judging team competed a the new Cattlemen’s Congress in Oklahoma City…