Resources for Farmers and Ranchers in Nebraska affected by flooding
NDA has put together a list of resources available to farmers and ranchers affected by severe weather.
March 2019 Flood Information and Help Links from Nebraska Emergency Management Agency
Hay and Forage Hotline
NDA’s Hay and Forage Hotline, 402-471-4876, connects buyers with sellers of hay, pasture and other types of forage. This Hotline service is available at no cost to buyers and sellers.
Farm Service Agency (FSA) Resources
- List of county Farm Service Agency (FSA) offices
- Livestock Indemnity Program Fact Sheet: This FSA program financially assists producers when they suffer loss of livestock due to adverse weather.
- Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees and Farm-Raised Fish Fact Sheet: This FSA program covers some livestock losses that do not fall under the Livestock Indemnity Program.
- Emergency Conservation Program Fact Sheet: ECP can provide some cost-share assistance to rehabilitate farmland damaged by natural disasters. It also can provide cost-share assistance to help restore fences damaged or lost due to natural disaster.
State Agency Resources
- For up-to-date road conditions, visit the Nebraska Department of Transportation’s Nebraska Traveler System, 511.nebraska.gov.
- Nebraska Emergency Management Agency (NEMA)
- Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality
- Nebraska Department of Natural Resources
- Governor’s Office Press Releases
- Further resources and assistance can be found by calling the Nebraska Rural Response Hotline at 800-464-0258. The Hotline is resource for individuals and families who may be feeling overwhelmed with stress, depression, or other mental health related issues.
- The Lancaster Event Center has opened an equine and livestock shelter for animals impacted by flooding in the region. For more information, view the press advisory.
- Nebraska Cattlemen – Disaster Assistance Programs & State Regulations to Consider During Emergencies
- Nebraska Extension Flood Resources
- Nebraska Farm Bureau Disaster Relief Fund and Information Exchange Portal
- Information about disaster assistance during an emergency.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The Agriculture Department late Tuesday released statements that were different in nuance after Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack met virtually with Canada’s Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food Marie-Claude Bibeau and Mexican Agriculture and Rural Development Secretary…