Nebraska Department of Agriculture’s list of resources available to farmers and ranchers affected by severe weather
Editor’s Note: we will add to this list as we gain more information. Please e-mail us at: email@example.com with any resources you are aware of.
Hay and Forage Hotline
NDA’s Hay and Forage Hotline, 402-471-4876, connects buyers with sellers of hay, pasture and other types of forage. This Hotline service is available at no cost to buyers and sellers.
Farm Service Agency Resources
• List of county Farm Service Agency offices
• Livestock Indemnity Program Fact Sheet: This FSA program financially assists producers when they suffer loss of livestock due to adverse weather.
• Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees and Farm-Raised Fish Fact Sheet: This FSA program covers some livestock losses that do not fall under the Livestock Indemnity Program.
• Emergency Conservation Program Fact Sheet: ECP can provide some cost-share assistance to rehabilitate farmland damaged by natural disasters. It also can provide cost-share assistance to help restore fences damaged or lost due to natural disaster.
State Agency Resources
• For up-to-date road conditions, visit the Nebraska Department of Transportation’s Nebraska Traveler System, 511.nebraska.gov.
• Nebraska Emergency Management Agency
• Flood Preparedness and Response
• Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality
• Storm Recovery and Flooding in Nebraska: Environmental Guidance
• Nebraska Department of Natural Resources
• Governor’s Office Press Releases
• Further resources and assistance can be found by calling the Nebraska Rural Response Hotline at (800) 464-0258. The hotline is resource for individuals and families who may be feeling overwhelmed with stress, depression, or other mental health related issues.
• The Lancaster Event Center has opened an equine and livestock shelter for animals impacted by flooding in the region. For more information, view the press advisory.
• Nebraska Cattlemen – Disaster Assistance Programs & State Regulations to Consider During Emergencies
• Nebraska Extension Flood Resources
• Nebraska Farm Bureau Disaster Relief Fund and Information Exchange Portal
• Information about disaster assistance during an emergency. ❖
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
BILLINGS, Mont. — USDA’s Risk Management Agency reminds producers in Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming that the final date to purchase or make changes to crop insurance on spring-planted crops in Montana, North…