Fence Post obituary: Richard Eugene Keil
July 21, 2017
RICHARD EUGENE KEIL, 70
MAY 15, 1947 – JULY 12, 2017
The horses are trained, the raccoons have been tracked, the boys are all raised and the grandchildren have been met. With business taken care of, Richard "Rick" Eugene Keil joined his heavenly father on July 12, 2017, after a five-year battle with Multiple Myeloma.
Rick was born on May 15, 1947, in Scottsbluff, Neb., to Leland and Shirley (Hill) Keil.
On Dec. 23, 1972, he was married to Shirley Lock of Wheatland, Wyo. Together they accomplished his dream of becoming a lifelong cowboy and moving to Wyoming to ranch. Their union brought into this world four sons, Matthew, Mark, Luke and Jon.
Rick was known for his love of animals, particularly horses and his ability to train them. He was one of the best horse trainers in the area. A favorite past time of his was chasing raccoons with his beloved coon dogs and whoever would join in on the adventure. He was a craftsman and took great pride in his skilled carpentry work.
Rick is survived by his wife, Shirley; his sons, Matthew (Amber) of Wheatland, Wyo., Mark (Vicki) and Luke (Tonya) of Casper, Wyo., and Jon (Molly) Keil of Buffalo, Wyo.; his four daughters, Traci, Jill, Bobbie and Jane; and 15 grandchildren. Additionally, he is survived by his sisters, Kathi (Larry) Belford and Julia (Andrew) Bucy of Nebraska, and sister-in-laws Sharon (David) Oman and Jean Lock, as well as several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents, brother Clifford and brother-in-law Norman Lock.
A celebration of Rick's life was held on July 21 at The Keil Ranch (1994 State Hwy. 34) in Wheatland, followed by a luncheon. If you would like to contribute something in memory of him, consider donating to Celebrate Recovery, c/o Impact Ministries, PO Box, Wheatland, WY 82201, (307) 331-7544.
To send condolences or to sign the guest book go to http://www.montgomerystryker.com.
Trending In: Obituaries
- The Fence Post obituary: Darrell Anderson
- The Fence Post obituary: Catherine Maureen Broad
- The Fence Post obituary: Ralph Wayne McElrath
- Rocky Mountain Obituaries 9-22: Charles Richard Winter Sr.; Judy Larson; Don E. Miller; Jason Roy Nichols; Neil W. "Tuck" Jackson
- The Fence Post obituary: Robert Norman Shoemaker
- USDA provides Hurricane Michael victims needed relief and recovery aid
- Most weather signs are pointing to an El Nino weather pattern this fall and winter
- Farm bill panel: Senate bill or bust
- A miracle in the works: JR Vezain on the road to recovery after severe back injury
- Water czar unveils Wyoming plan for a West-wide reckoning