Rocky Mountain Obituaries | TheFencePost.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Rocky Mountain Obituaries

, 84, a lifelong resident of Fort Collins, Colo., went to meet our Lord and Savior May 8, 2006, after a short illness.

He was born in Fort Collins on Easter Sunday in 1922. In Fort Collins he attended grade school, high school (Fort Collins High) and Colorado State University (then Colorado A&M), obtaining a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering. During college, he was an active member of the SAE fraternity and served as treasurer of its Alumni House Corporation for many years.

During World War II, he served in the field artillery and infantry and was with the 1st Infantry Division in Europe. On his return from Europe in 1946, he finished his college education and was briefly employed by an engineering consulting firm in Kansas City in 1947.

In early 1948, he returned to Fort Collins and found employment with the Beet Sugar Development Foundation as a mechanical engineer. In 1951, he became the research manager for the Foundation. The Foundation’s national research office remained in Fort Collins until shortly after his retirement in April 1987. For several years after retirement, he continued to work as a consultant to the Foundation for its Beet Sugar Institute, a continuing education program at CSU. For his service to the beet sugar industry, Jim received the prestigious Savitsky Award in 1985, and the equally prestigious Sugarman of the Year award in 1986. Jim was listed in both “Who’s Who in Science” and “Who’s Who in the West.”

Jim was a Boy Scout leader for 25 years and received the Scouter’s Key, Honorary Bronze Bighorn and a Meritorious Service Award from the Longs Peak Council. He was the founder of Troop and Explorer Post No. 96 at St. John’s Lutheran Church and served on numerous district and council committees. His proudest scouting achievements included guiding 11 boys to the rank of Eagle Scout and helping to obtain the donation of land for the Ben Delatour Scout Ranch.

In addition to his service to scouting, he was an active participant in community organizations including being an active member of the Fort Collins Lions Club for more than 50 years, where he was a past president. For his work with the Lions Club Eyeglass Program, he received the Lions Foundation Humanitarian Award. He was active in the Poudre School District, serving as a member of the Advisory Committee for eight years and chairman for three terms. In the Fort Collins Chamber of Commerce, he was a director and was treasurer from 1957 to 1959. Jim was the director of the Fort Collins United Fund for three years and director of the Fort Collins Centennial Commission and a lifetime member of St. John’s Lutheran Church and at his passing, had the longest term continuous membership in the church, that was founded by his father, Ernest Fischer.

Jim was an avid CSU Rams football fan and served several years as chairperson of the Fort Collins High School 50-Year Club. He is an Honor Alum of Fort Collins High School.

In May 1944, Jim married his college sweetheart, Virginia Kroll, who preceded him in death in 1972. He married a second time to Mary Witkop, who preceded him in death in 1986. Jim was also preceded in death by his father, Ernest, who was a Larimer County Commissioner for 20 years; his mother, Ida; two brothers, George and Elmer; and one sister, Gertrude.

He is survived by two sons, James L. Fischer of Fort Collins and Dennis G. Fischer of Centennial; five grandsons; three great-grandchildren; and a special friend, Clara Alley.

Services were helon May 12 at St. John’s Lutheran Church. Interment followed at Grandview Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Fort Collins Lions Club Foundation or the Lutheran Hour Ministries in care of Bohlender Funeral Chapel, 121 W. Olive St., Fort Collins, Colo. 80524.

, 94, of Denver, formerly of the Cherry Creek Valley area, died May 8, 2006.

She was born on Oct. 22, 1911, to Josh and Elizabeth Snyder in Williamsburg, Colo., the eighth of nine children. Her mother died during the flu epidemic of 1918, leaving the children to be attended by an aunt until her father left the children in an orphanage in Denver.

She was adopted by the James Peterson family in 1919, and grew up and went to school in Idaho Springs, Colo., where her adoptive father ran a business. She graduated from Idaho Springs High School in 1929.

She attended nurses training for a year and in 1933, she met, fell in love with, and married Edwin Stout, a dairy farmer from the town of Melvin, the area now known as the Cherry Creek valley, south of Denver.

Betty was first and foremost a wife and mother, devoted to her family. She worked side by side with her family in the dairy business, milking, feeding, cleaning milk equipment, raising chickens and turkeys, gardening, and selling dressed chickens and eggs. She was noted for her baking skills and especially her cakes and pies which were always sought after at pie socials. Her main interest in life were her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She doted on her children and was always there for them in time of need.

Betty is survived by two sons, Donald of Grand Junction, Colo., and Roger and wife Pat of Parker, Colo.; a daughter, Virginia Reynolds and husband C.J. of Parker; eight grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.

She was preceded in death by her husband, Edwin.

Memorial contributions may be made to the charity of your choice.

, 84, a lifelong resident of Fort Collins, Colo., went to meet our Lord and Savior May 8, 2006, after a short illness.

He was born in Fort Collins on Easter Sunday in 1922. In Fort Collins he attended grade school, high school (Fort Collins High) and Colorado State University (then Colorado A&M), obtaining a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering. During college, he was an active member of the SAE fraternity and served as treasurer of its Alumni House Corporation for many years.

During World War II, he served in the field artillery and infantry and was with the 1st Infantry Division in Europe. On his return from Europe in 1946, he finished his college education and was briefly employed by an engineering consulting firm in Kansas City in 1947.

In early 1948, he returned to Fort Collins and found employment with the Beet Sugar Development Foundation as a mechanical engineer. In 1951, he became the research manager for the Foundation. The Foundation’s national research office remained in Fort Collins until shortly after his retirement in April 1987. For several years after retirement, he continued to work as a consultant to the Foundation for its Beet Sugar Institute, a continuing education program at CSU. For his service to the beet sugar industry, Jim received the prestigious Savitsky Award in 1985, and the equally prestigious Sugarman of the Year award in 1986. Jim was listed in both “Who’s Who in Science” and “Who’s Who in the West.”

Jim was a Boy Scout leader for 25 years and received the Scouter’s Key, Honorary Bronze Bighorn and a Meritorious Service Award from the Longs Peak Council. He was the founder of Troop and Explorer Post No. 96 at St. John’s Lutheran Church and served on numerous district and council committees. His proudest scouting achievements included guiding 11 boys to the rank of Eagle Scout and helping to obtain the donation of land for the Ben Delatour Scout Ranch.

In addition to his service to scouting, he was an active participant in community organizations including being an active member of the Fort Collins Lions Club for more than 50 years, where he was a past president. For his work with the Lions Club Eyeglass Program, he received the Lions Foundation Humanitarian Award. He was active in the Poudre School District, serving as a member of the Advisory Committee for eight years and chairman for three terms. In the Fort Collins Chamber of Commerce, he was a director and was treasurer from 1957 to 1959. Jim was the director of the Fort Collins United Fund for three years and director of the Fort Collins Centennial Commission and a lifetime member of St. John’s Lutheran Church and at his passing, had the longest term continuous membership in the church, that was founded by his father, Ernest Fischer.

Jim was an avid CSU Rams football fan and served several years as chairperson of the Fort Collins High School 50-Year Club. He is an Honor Alum of Fort Collins High School.

In May 1944, Jim married his college sweetheart, Virginia Kroll, who preceded him in death in 1972. He married a second time to Mary Witkop, who preceded him in death in 1986. Jim was also preceded in death by his father, Ernest, who was a Larimer County Commissioner for 20 years; his mother, Ida; two brothers, George and Elmer; and one sister, Gertrude.

He is survived by two sons, James L. Fischer of Fort Collins and Dennis G. Fischer of Centennial; five grandsons; three great-grandchildren; and a special friend, Clara Alley.

Services were helon May 12 at St. John’s Lutheran Church. Interment followed at Grandview Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Fort Collins Lions Club Foundation or the Lutheran Hour Ministries in care of Bohlender Funeral Chapel, 121 W. Olive St., Fort Collins, Colo. 80524.

, 94, of Denver, formerly of the Cherry Creek Valley area, died May 8, 2006.

She was born on Oct. 22, 1911, to Josh and Elizabeth Snyder in Williamsburg, Colo., the eighth of nine children. Her mother died during the flu epidemic of 1918, leaving the children to be attended by an aunt until her father left the children in an orphanage in Denver.

She was adopted by the James Peterson family in 1919, and grew up and went to school in Idaho Springs, Colo., where her adoptive father ran a business. She graduated from Idaho Springs High School in 1929.

She attended nurses training for a year and in 1933, she met, fell in love with, and married Edwin Stout, a dairy farmer from the town of Melvin, the area now known as the Cherry Creek valley, south of Denver.

Betty was first and foremost a wife and mother, devoted to her family. She worked side by side with her family in the dairy business, milking, feeding, cleaning milk equipment, raising chickens and turkeys, gardening, and selling dressed chickens and eggs. She was noted for her baking skills and especially her cakes and pies which were always sought after at pie socials. Her main interest in life were her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She doted on her children and was always there for them in time of need.

Betty is survived by two sons, Donald of Grand Junction, Colo., and Roger and wife Pat of Parker, Colo.; a daughter, Virginia Reynolds and husband C.J. of Parker; eight grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.

She was preceded in death by her husband, Edwin.

Memorial contributions may be made to the charity of your choice.

, 84, a lifelong resident of Fort Collins, Colo., went to meet our Lord and Savior May 8, 2006, after a short illness.

He was born in Fort Collins on Easter Sunday in 1922. In Fort Collins he attended grade school, high school (Fort Collins High) and Colorado State University (then Colorado A&M), obtaining a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering. During college, he was an active member of the SAE fraternity and served as treasurer of its Alumni House Corporation for many years.

During World War II, he served in the field artillery and infantry and was with the 1st Infantry Division in Europe. On his return from Europe in 1946, he finished his college education and was briefly employed by an engineering consulting firm in Kansas City in 1947.

In early 1948, he returned to Fort Collins and found employment with the Beet Sugar Development Foundation as a mechanical engineer. In 1951, he became the research manager for the Foundation. The Foundation’s national research office remained in Fort Collins until shortly after his retirement in April 1987. For several years after retirement, he continued to work as a consultant to the Foundation for its Beet Sugar Institute, a continuing education program at CSU. For his service to the beet sugar industry, Jim received the prestigious Savitsky Award in 1985, and the equally prestigious Sugarman of the Year award in 1986. Jim was listed in both “Who’s Who in Science” and “Who’s Who in the West.”

Jim was a Boy Scout leader for 25 years and received the Scouter’s Key, Honorary Bronze Bighorn and a Meritorious Service Award from the Longs Peak Council. He was the founder of Troop and Explorer Post No. 96 at St. John’s Lutheran Church and served on numerous district and council committees. His proudest scouting achievements included guiding 11 boys to the rank of Eagle Scout and helping to obtain the donation of land for the Ben Delatour Scout Ranch.

In addition to his service to scouting, he was an active participant in community organizations including being an active member of the Fort Collins Lions Club for more than 50 years, where he was a past president. For his work with the Lions Club Eyeglass Program, he received the Lions Foundation Humanitarian Award. He was active in the Poudre School District, serving as a member of the Advisory Committee for eight years and chairman for three terms. In the Fort Collins Chamber of Commerce, he was a director and was treasurer from 1957 to 1959. Jim was the director of the Fort Collins United Fund for three years and director of the Fort Collins Centennial Commission and a lifetime member of St. John’s Lutheran Church and at his passing, had the longest term continuous membership in the church, that was founded by his father, Ernest Fischer.

Jim was an avid CSU Rams football fan and served several years as chairperson of the Fort Collins High School 50-Year Club. He is an Honor Alum of Fort Collins High School.

In May 1944, Jim married his college sweetheart, Virginia Kroll, who preceded him in death in 1972. He married a second time to Mary Witkop, who preceded him in death in 1986. Jim was also preceded in death by his father, Ernest, who was a Larimer County Commissioner for 20 years; his mother, Ida; two brothers, George and Elmer; and one sister, Gertrude.

He is survived by two sons, James L. Fischer of Fort Collins and Dennis G. Fischer of Centennial; five grandsons; three great-grandchildren; and a special friend, Clara Alley.

Services were helon May 12 at St. John’s Lutheran Church. Interment followed at Grandview Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Fort Collins Lions Club Foundation or the Lutheran Hour Ministries in care of Bohlender Funeral Chapel, 121 W. Olive St., Fort Collins, Colo. 80524.

, 94, of Denver, formerly of the Cherry Creek Valley area, died May 8, 2006.

She was born on Oct. 22, 1911, to Josh and Elizabeth Snyder in Williamsburg, Colo., the eighth of nine children. Her mother died during the flu epidemic of 1918, leaving the children to be attended by an aunt until her father left the children in an orphanage in Denver.

She was adopted by the James Peterson family in 1919, and grew up and went to school in Idaho Springs, Colo., where her adoptive father ran a business. She graduated from Idaho Springs High School in 1929.

She attended nurses training for a year and in 1933, she met, fell in love with, and married Edwin Stout, a dairy farmer from the town of Melvin, the area now known as the Cherry Creek valley, south of Denver.

Betty was first and foremost a wife and mother, devoted to her family. She worked side by side with her family in the dairy business, milking, feeding, cleaning milk equipment, raising chickens and turkeys, gardening, and selling dressed chickens and eggs. She was noted for her baking skills and especially her cakes and pies which were always sought after at pie socials. Her main interest in life were her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She doted on her children and was always there for them in time of need.

Betty is survived by two sons, Donald of Grand Junction, Colo., and Roger and wife Pat of Parker, Colo.; a daughter, Virginia Reynolds and husband C.J. of Parker; eight grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.

She was preceded in death by her husband, Edwin.

Memorial contributions may be made to the charity of your choice.

, 84, a lifelong resident of Fort Collins, Colo., went to meet our Lord and Savior May 8, 2006, after a short illness.

He was born in Fort Collins on Easter Sunday in 1922. In Fort Collins he attended grade school, high school (Fort Collins High) and Colorado State University (then Colorado A&M), obtaining a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering. During college, he was an active member of the SAE fraternity and served as treasurer of its Alumni House Corporation for many years.

During World War II, he served in the field artillery and infantry and was with the 1st Infantry Division in Europe. On his return from Europe in 1946, he finished his college education and was briefly employed by an engineering consulting firm in Kansas City in 1947.

In early 1948, he returned to Fort Collins and found employment with the Beet Sugar Development Foundation as a mechanical engineer. In 1951, he became the research manager for the Foundation. The Foundation’s national research office remained in Fort Collins until shortly after his retirement in April 1987. For several years after retirement, he continued to work as a consultant to the Foundation for its Beet Sugar Institute, a continuing education program at CSU. For his service to the beet sugar industry, Jim received the prestigious Savitsky Award in 1985, and the equally prestigious Sugarman of the Year award in 1986. Jim was listed in both “Who’s Who in Science” and “Who’s Who in the West.”

Jim was a Boy Scout leader for 25 years and received the Scouter’s Key, Honorary Bronze Bighorn and a Meritorious Service Award from the Longs Peak Council. He was the founder of Troop and Explorer Post No. 96 at St. John’s Lutheran Church and served on numerous district and council committees. His proudest scouting achievements included guiding 11 boys to the rank of Eagle Scout and helping to obtain the donation of land for the Ben Delatour Scout Ranch.

In addition to his service to scouting, he was an active participant in community organizations including being an active member of the Fort Collins Lions Club for more than 50 years, where he was a past president. For his work with the Lions Club Eyeglass Program, he received the Lions Foundation Humanitarian Award. He was active in the Poudre School District, serving as a member of the Advisory Committee for eight years and chairman for three terms. In the Fort Collins Chamber of Commerce, he was a director and was treasurer from 1957 to 1959. Jim was the director of the Fort Collins United Fund for three years and director of the Fort Collins Centennial Commission and a lifetime member of St. John’s Lutheran Church and at his passing, had the longest term continuous membership in the church, that was founded by his father, Ernest Fischer.

Jim was an avid CSU Rams football fan and served several years as chairperson of the Fort Collins High School 50-Year Club. He is an Honor Alum of Fort Collins High School.

In May 1944, Jim married his college sweetheart, Virginia Kroll, who preceded him in death in 1972. He married a second time to Mary Witkop, who preceded him in death in 1986. Jim was also preceded in death by his father, Ernest, who was a Larimer County Commissioner for 20 years; his mother, Ida; two brothers, George and Elmer; and one sister, Gertrude.

He is survived by two sons, James L. Fischer of Fort Collins and Dennis G. Fischer of Centennial; five grandsons; three great-grandchildren; and a special friend, Clara Alley.

Services were helon May 12 at St. John’s Lutheran Church. Interment followed at Grandview Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Fort Collins Lions Club Foundation or the Lutheran Hour Ministries in care of Bohlender Funeral Chapel, 121 W. Olive St., Fort Collins, Colo. 80524.

, 94, of Denver, formerly of the Cherry Creek Valley area, died May 8, 2006.

She was born on Oct. 22, 1911, to Josh and Elizabeth Snyder in Williamsburg, Colo., the eighth of nine children. Her mother died during the flu epidemic of 1918, leaving the children to be attended by an aunt until her father left the children in an orphanage in Denver.

She was adopted by the James Peterson family in 1919, and grew up and went to school in Idaho Springs, Colo., where her adoptive father ran a business. She graduated from Idaho Springs High School in 1929.

She attended nurses training for a year and in 1933, she met, fell in love with, and married Edwin Stout, a dairy farmer from the town of Melvin, the area now known as the Cherry Creek valley, south of Denver.

Betty was first and foremost a wife and mother, devoted to her family. She worked side by side with her family in the dairy business, milking, feeding, cleaning milk equipment, raising chickens and turkeys, gardening, and selling dressed chickens and eggs. She was noted for her baking skills and especially her cakes and pies which were always sought after at pie socials. Her main interest in life were her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She doted on her children and was always there for them in time of need.

Betty is survived by two sons, Donald of Grand Junction, Colo., and Roger and wife Pat of Parker, Colo.; a daughter, Virginia Reynolds and husband C.J. of Parker; eight grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.

She was preceded in death by her husband, Edwin.

Memorial contributions may be made to the charity of your choice.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User