The Fence Post obituary: Gerald Morse
October 12, 2018
Gerald Morse, 82
May 24, 1936 – Sept. 2, 2018
Jerry was born in Collbran, Colo., to Glenn and Evelyn Morse. He was raised in Molina, Colo. He Attended Plateau Valley Schools, graduating In 1955.
He loved working at the home ranch. He had two brothers, Gordon of San Diego and Bill Morse of Molina. He enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1956 and retired as Chief Petty Officer in 1977, serving 21 years.
Over those years he traveled to many countries and was stationed on the Yorktown carrier, and a few destroyers, his last port of call being Seal Beach, Calif., where he decided to stay with plans to eventually return to Colorado.
He was offered a position with Dyncorp Corp. and began a 23 year career as a weapons analyst, finally retired in 2000. He resided in Corona, Calif., with his wife Patti. He loved fishing and hunting and would travel with his family to Colorado twice a year.
He leaves behind his wife, Patti of 36 years of Corona; adult children, Steve Gossett (Jill) of Fremont, Neb., Brian Gossett (Laurie) of Menifee, Calif., and Leslie Jones (Jeff) of Corona; as well as five grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
Trending In: Obituaries
- JBS fined $50,000 for inaccurately recording weights, grades and prices of carcasses
- UPDATED DAILY: Wrangler NFR 2018 Round Results
- Filming Feek’s Vision: Legendary stock contractor’s story documented in movie
- Perdue talks China soybean sales, trade payments
- 2017 Wrangler NFR Round 10 Results and Final Standings