Black: Jekyll & Hide cattle company
March 2, 2018
He's kind to his wife when the market goes up
His children think that he's neat.
The implement dealer sits by him in church
And his banker waves on the street.
“But something occurs when the market goes down. His family feels it first.”
Recommended Stories For You
Salesmen treat him like he was a king
The hired man asks for a raise.
The press is reporting exorbitant gains
But P.C.A's singin' his praise!
A genius, he humbly admits to himself,
Smart as a tree full of owls!
Twenty foot tall with a bullet-proof brain
And a friend to all of his pals!
But something occurs when the market goes down.
His family feels it first.
The mother-in-law gives him plenty of room
And the dog gets reg'larly cursed!
He gets lots of mail from lawyers in town.
The gas man won't fill up the tank.
The feed company rep has forgotten his name!
He's a leper down at the bank!
His ulcer is worse. His accountant's in jail!
They repo'd the pickup he had.
His jeans don't fit.
They bag in the rear
They've chewed on his tail so bad!
He might get discouraged, but down at the sale
His heart will rejuvenate.
A gambler in spirit whose living depends
On the fickle finger of fate!
So just like the story of Jekyll and Hyde
He's a wise man or a clown.
A hero or fool depending on whether
The market goes up … or goes down!❖
Trending In: Opinion
- A challenging time for aerial applicators as they share the air with other aircraft
- Colorado cowboy’s late invite turns into big day
- ‘Prayers and Perseverance’ Nebraska vet says worst of livestock health effects still to come
- Former Colorado Ag Commissioner Don Brown and Crisis Line featured at 3R Symposium
- James Arness on Anzio Beach in WWII