Quotes and bumper stickers, or bumper snickers as some people call them, can pack of punch with zingers that make one think. It is amazing how much can be expressed in a few short words. I’ve been collecting them for years and it’s time to share part of them, just in time for graduation.
• Never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about.
• Passion can’t be bought.
• You are responsible for your own experience.
• Be frugal. That is not the same as being poor.
• There’s no right way to do the wrong thing.
• Put the hours in.
• What do you truly want? Determine your goal, write it down, then list what steps need to be taken to achieve it.
• “A dream without a goal is a wish. A goal without a plan is just a dream.” — Dave Ramsey
• If you really want something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
• Patience! In time, grass becomes milk.
• Success is measured not by what we start but by what we finish.
• Realize it may take years to reach your ultimate goal.
• For the most part you are responsible for success or failure and it helps to be curious; every day learn at least one new thing about your job. Don’t expect to be praised for doing your work. In a time when every entrant in a race receives a participation ribbon, some people think they should be given compliments just for getting out of bed and showing up. That doesn’t happen in the world of employment.
• Do it for yourself.
• Act as though what you do makes a difference. It does.
• Improvement begins with “I.”
• “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t — you’re right.” — Henry Ford
• Leadership is action, not position.
• You are better at your job than you think you are.
• Genuine courtesy goes a long way and it is contagious. Be as kind to the janitor as you are to your boss. Don’t speak ill of the company that writes your paycheck. If you can’t be loyal, quit.
• It’s nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
• The smallest good deed is better than the largest good intention.
And finally, advice from wise men.
• “Never let the things you can’t do, stop you from doing what you can.” — Ronald Reagan
• “Any definition of a successful life must include service to others.” — George H.W. Bush
• “Never, never, never give up.” — Winston Churchill
• Whatever you are, be a good one.” — Abraham Lincoln ❖