Plains Edition Ag Calendar for 11-27-10
November 20-December 31
• 28th Annual Festival of Trees, Hastings, Neb., Hastings Museum, more than 50 decorated trees on display, (800) 508-4629.
November 22-December 31
• Fantasy of Trees, Grand Island, Neb., Stuhr Museum, beautiful Christmas tree display, (308) 385-5316.
November 26-December 31
• Winter Festival, Beatrice, Neb., Homestead National Monument of America, entertainment, special programs, (402) 223-3514.
• Parade of Lights, Kimball, Neb., arrival of Santa and downtown displays, (308) 235-3782.
• 4-H Robotics Training for Adults/Leaders, Wood River, Neb., First United Methodist Church, 1-5 p.m., Ashley Benes, (308) 385-5088.
• In The Spirit, Grand Island, Neb., Prairie Winds Art Center, holiday fantasy of art and gifts to put you into the Christmas spirit, (308) 381-4001.
• Beef Quality Assurance Certification, Harrison, Neb., Courthouse, Scott Cotton instructor, (308) 668-2428.
• Christmas Parade of Lights, Ogallala, Neb., downtown, (308) 284-4066.
• Mountain Lion Discussion Meeting, Chadron, Neb., 4-H building, Dawes Co. fairgrounds, 7 p.m., (308) 432-3373.
• 4th Annual Western Sustainable Ag Crops and Livestock Conference, Ogallala, Neb., Platte River Inn, Karen DeBoer, (308) 254-4455.
• Christmas on the Prairie, Gering, Neb., Scotts Bluff National Monument, historic celebration, (308) 436-9700.
• Christmas Past and Present, Grand Island, Neb., Stuhr Museum, lamp lit tours of Railroad Town, cooking, live music of an authentic 1890s holiday, (308) 385-5316.
• 23rd Annual Christmas Tree Walk, Kearney, Neb., Trails & Rails Museum, dozens of Christmas trees, exhibits, visits from Mrs. Claus and more, (308) 234-3041.
• Festival of Trees, Red Cloud, Neb., Webster Co. Historical Museum, themed trees will be on display, (402) 746-2444.
• Old-Fashioned Christmas, Potter, Neb., downtown, food, caroling, horse drawn wagon rides, crafts and more, (308) 879-4451.
• Christmas Downtown, Chappell, Neb., rides for children on the fire engine, pictures with Santa and food vendors, (308) 874-2401.
• 15th Annual Christmas Tree and Wreath Festival, Alliance, Neb., Knight Museum and Sandhills Center, themed trees and wreaths, nightly entertainment, (308) 762-2384.
December 5 & 12
• Christmas at the Bowring, Merriman, Neb., Arthur Bowring Sandhills Ranch SHP, fun-filled evening including a delicious meal and entertainment, (308) 684-3428.
• Nebraska Cattlemen & Nebraska CattleWomen Annual Convention, Kearney, Neb., Holiday Inn, (402) 475-2333.
• Nebraska Power Farming Show, Lincoln, Neb., Lancaster Event Center, indoor farm show, (515) 223-5119 .
• Shining Light Celebration, Gothenburg, Neb., KOA Campground, more than 10,000 lights, music, visit Santa and enjoy warm apple cider, (308) 537-7387.
• Beef Quality Assurance Certification, Chadron, Neb., UNL Extension, Scott Cotton instructor, (308) 432-3373.
• Jim Gerrish Grazing Seminar, Alliance, Neb., Country Club, 10 a.m., Scott Cotton, (308) 432-3373.
• Jim Gerrish Grazing Seminar, Kimball, Neb., Events Center, 5 p.m., Aaron Berger, (308) 235-3122.
• Bonus Ranching Seminar, Halsey, Neb., State 4-H Camp, 8:30 a.m. start, (308) 432-3373, (308) 546-0636.
• Beef Quality Assurance Certification, Gordon, Neb., Gordon Livestock, Scott Cotton instructor, (308) 237-2312.
• Brands Seminar, Chadron, Neb., UNL Extension Office, 1 p.m., Scott Cotton, (308) 432-3373.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., has reintroduced the Defense of Environment and Property Act and all of us in the agriculture industry need to get behind this legislation. We also need to urge our representatives in…