Real Estate Guide 2010: Packing and moving
Though packing and moving can be stressful, the hassle can be reduced with a head start. It is important to have the right packing materials, to minimize the effect of eventual vibration. Appropriate planning and a little care can tranport your luggage in proper condition.
The following are the tips and precautional measures to be considered while moving your home to a new place, which can help in moving your belongings safely.
• Easing the transition to your new home: Packing begins with using the right boxes and packing them carefully. You should also label each box to show which room they belong to.
• Estimating the moving Cost: The moving cost and expenses depend on the transport arrangements. It is best to get an estimate for from a moving company so as to plan the necessary expenditure. Get several estimates.
• Don’t skimp on boxes: Professional moving companies use only sturdy, reinforced cartons. If you are packing yourself beware, the boxes you can get are not nearly as strong and padded. As a result they can’t shield your valuables from harm in transit as well.
• For delicate items: Use sheets, blankets, pillows and towels to separate pictures and other fragile objects from each other and the sides of the carton. Pack plates and glass objects vertically, rather than flat and stacked. Be sure to mark and point out the boxes to let your movers know about the delicate items packed in them. Label your boxes, especially the one containing sheets and towels, so that you can find everything you need for the first overnight in your new home.
• “Open me first” moving boxes: Pack and mark the “open me first” moving boxes and ask the movers to load them at the back of the moving van. These boxes should contain all the essential and emergency items, while entering into a new home. Besides, it should be filled with living essentials that are needed for the first overnight.
• Pack heavy items in small boxes: This idea helps in reducing the weight of the box to lift. Moreover, heavy boxes cannot be stacked on other boxes.
• Pack completely before movers arrive: In case of delay, the movers may not be able to start on time and may charge you more. This will even lead to delay in delivering. Packing on time will save a lot of money and make your move easy.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
The introduction of SB22-031 Prohibit Hunting Bobcat Lynx and Mountain Lion, sponsored by Colorado Sen. Sonya Jaquez Lewis, D- Boulder, Sen. Joann Ginal, D- Fort Collins, Rep. Judy Amabile, D-Boulder, and Rep. Monica Duran, D-Wheatridge,…