Baked Bananas | Marlene Maurer – Lakewood, Colo.
September 4, 2017
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. orange juice
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. rum
1 tbsp. butter
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Peel bananas and cut in half lengthwise.
Place in baking dish.
Combine brown sugar, orange juice, spices and rum.
Heat and pour over bananas.
Dot with butter and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender.
Baste with juice.
Sprinkle a little more rum on top and serve.
- It will be a long process for Nebraska farmers and ranchers to recover from snow and flooding
- Veterinarians say ranchers now need to turn to post-blizzard care for cows and calves
- Plainville Livestock Commission in Kansas suspended and assessed civilpenalty
- Flooding is taking a heavy toll in Nebraska
- Take precautions when warming cold or frozen calves