June 27, 2017
Sharon Raasch – Imperial, Neb.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can chili with beans
- 1 15 oz. can chili beans
- 1 15 oz. can whole tomatoes
- 2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 2 8 oz. cans tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. masa (corn flour)
- 3 Tbsp. chipotle chile powder
- 10 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Sliced green onions
Heat skillet over medium heat.
Add beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
In stockpot, combine beef, chili, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste; mix well.
Cook over medium heat.
Stir in onion and habanero.
Stir masa, chile powder, chili powder and garlic powder into pot.
Recommended Stories For You
Season with salt, black pepper and cayenne, if desired.
Simmer one hour or until flavors are developed.
Serve chili in soup bowls with cheese, sour cream and sprinkling onions.
Trending In: Recipes
- USDA provides Hurricane Michael victims needed relief and recovery aid
- Farm bill panel: Senate bill or bust
- Most weather signs are pointing to an El Nino weather pattern this fall and winter
- Burger restaurant study misleads consumers about antibiotic use in beef production
- USDA plans long list of rule changes