June 27, 2017
Sharon Raasch • Imperial, Neb.
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 (3 lb) Boneless Beef Brisket, well trimmed
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1-3/4 Beef Broth
- 1 lb. Carrots
- 1/4 c. Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 t. Ground Cinnamon
- 1 t. Salt
- 1/2 t. Black Pepper
- 1-1/4 c. Pitted Dried Prunes
In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
Add the brisket and brown on both sides.
Add the onion around the brisket.
Cook, stirring for 5 minutes, until the onion is tender.
Add the beef broth and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low, cover tightly and simmer 2 hours.
Recommended Stories For You
Add the carrots, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
Cover and cook 45 to 60 minutes or until the brisket is fork-tender.
Uncover, add the prunes, and cook about 5 more minutes or until prunes are tender.
Slice the brisket across the grain and serve topped with the carrots, prunes and sauce.
Trending In: Recipes
- FDA warns 2 feed mills in Neb., and Minn., about monensin contamination in horse feed
- A miracle in the works: JR Vezain on the road to recovery after severe back injury
- Most weather signs are pointing to an El Nino weather pattern this fall and winter
- USDA provides Hurricane Michael victims needed relief and recovery aid