Breakfast Casserole | Kay Bedlan – Lewellen, Neb.
September 10, 2018
1 pound sausage
2 c. milk
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. Black pepper
2 c. mild cheddar cheese, shredded
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
4-oz. can mushrooms
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 stalks celery, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown sausage and drain.
Beat eggs and milk together.
Stir in cheese and mushrooms, celery, onion and green pepper.
Add salt, pepper, dry mustard and cayenne pepper.
Break up in bite size pieces six pieces of bread and cover bottom of 9 x 13 glass dish.
Pour mixture over top and refrigerate over night.
Bake for 45 minutes.
Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Trending In: Recipes
- A challenging time for aerial applicators as they share the air with other aircraft
- Colorado cowboy’s late invite turns into big day
- Former Colorado Ag Commissioner Don Brown and Crisis Line featured at 3R Symposium
- ‘Prayers and Perseverance’ Nebraska vet says worst of livestock health effects still to come
- James Arness on Anzio Beach in WWII