June 27, 2017
Chris Bryant, Johnson City, Tenn.
- 8 oz. uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 (14-1/2 oz.) cans Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1 t. ground red pepper
- 1/2 t. salt
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt.
Cook beef and onions in a large skillet coated with cooking spray until beef crumbles are no longer pink. Drain well.
Stir stewed tomatoes, ketchup, red pepper and salt into skillet.
Cook until thoroughly heated.
Stir in cooked macaroni.
Recommended Stories For You
Sprinkle with shredded cheese and serve immediately.
Trending In: Recipes
- USDA provides Hurricane Michael victims needed relief and recovery aid
- Farm bill panel: Senate bill or bust
- Most weather signs are pointing to an El Nino weather pattern this fall and winter
- Burger restaurant study misleads consumers about antibiotic use in beef production
- USDA plans long list of rule changes