Cheesy Chicken-Enchilada Pasta | Sharon Raasch – Imperial, Neb.
August 6, 2018
1/2 lb. uncooked medium pasta shells
1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
10 oz. can mild enchilada sauce
2 c. water
1 bunch thinly sliced green onions, greens and whites separated
2 tsp. chili powder
15 oz. can black beans, drained, rinsed
1 can sweet corn, drained
2 c. finely chopped deli rotisserie chicken
2 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz.)
In large colander, rinse and drain uncooked pasta.
In four-quart saucepan, mix pasta, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, water, green onion whites and chili powder.
Heat to boiling over high heat; reduce heat.
Simmer uncovered 14 to 16 minutes, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender; do not drain.
Stir in beans, corn and chicken; return to simmering.
Cook 2 minutes longer to combine flavors.
Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
Top with green onion greens.
Trending In: Recipes
- Nearly 70 percent of Nebraska’s 93 counties are under emergency declarations
- Nebraska man will always be known as a hero in a green tractor, dies helping others
- Paying it Forward: Flames and Flooding
- Many ranchers have been cut off from their cattle herds blocked by rising water, mud and ice
- It will be a long process for Nebraska farmers and ranchers to recover from snow and flooding