Crispy Baked Chicken | Carrie Lehman – Mack, Colo.
August 6, 2018
1/2 c. cornmeal
1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 to 4 lbs. chicken drumsticks
1/2 c. milk
1/3 c. melted butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine first six ingredients (through pepper).
Dip chicken in milk, then roll in cornmeal mixture.
Place in a foil-lined 9×13-inch pan.
Drizzle with melted butter (this makes it crispy).
Bake, uncovered, for 50-55 minutes.
Trending In: Recipes
- Nearly 70 percent of Nebraska’s 93 counties are under emergency declarations
- Nebraska man will always be known as a hero in a green tractor, dies helping others
- Paying it Forward: Flames and Flooding
- Many ranchers have been cut off from their cattle herds blocked by rising water, mud and ice
- It will be a long process for Nebraska farmers and ranchers to recover from snow and flooding