January 4, 2018
Marlene Maurer • Lakewood, Colo.
- 1 lb. Ground sirloin
- 1 c. Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. All purpose flour
- 1 c. Beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. Taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8 oz) can Tomato sauce
- 4 (8-inch) Whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1/3 c. Pepper jack cheese
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and onion to pan; cook for 6 minutes, stirring to crumble. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add broth, taco seasoning and tomato sauce to pan. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1-1/2 cups tomato mixture to beef mixture; reserve 1/2 cup. Place 1 tortilla in a 9-inch pie plate. Top with 1 cup beef mixture. Repeat layers ending with tortilla. Spread reserved tomato mixture over tortilla. Top with cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Cool slightly then cut into 4 wedges.
- Livestock lost: Colorado woman loses cattle to modern day rustler
- Kangaroos in Wyoming?!
- State veterinarian’s office investigates Colorado Equine Herpesvirus case
- GrazeNebraska: Kalkowski family committed to stewardship in Boyd County, Neb.
- Trump to name undersecretary for natural resources, environment