Fried Mozzarella Sticks
June 27, 2017
Sharon Raasch • Imperial, Neb.
- 1 lb. Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 c. All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 t. Salt
- 1/4 t. Black Pepper
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 c. Italian-Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- Vegetable Oil
Cut mozzarella into 18 (3-1/2-inch by 1/2-inch) sticks.
Combine flour, salt and pepper.
Dip cheese sticks into egg.
Dredge in flour mixture.
Dip again in egg.
Roll in breadcrumbs.
Recommended Stories For You
Press firmly so crumbs adhere.
Place on wax paper and chill 30 minutes.
Pour oil to a depth of 1-inch into a large heavy skillet.
Heat to 350 degrees.
Fry cheese sticks until golden.
Drain on paper towels.
Trending In: Recipes
- FDA warns 2 feed mills in Neb., and Minn., about monensin contamination in horse feed
- A miracle in the works: JR Vezain on the road to recovery after severe back injury
- Most weather signs are pointing to an El Nino weather pattern this fall and winter
- USDA provides Hurricane Michael victims needed relief and recovery aid