Fried Mozzarella Sticks
June 27, 2017
Sharon Raasch • Imperial, Neb.
- 1 lb. Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 c. All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 t. Salt
- 1/4 t. Black Pepper
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 c. Italian-Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- Vegetable Oil
Cut mozzarella into 18 (3-1/2-inch by 1/2-inch) sticks.
Combine flour, salt and pepper.
Dip cheese sticks into egg.
Dredge in flour mixture.
Dip again in egg.
Roll in breadcrumbs.
Recommended Stories For You
Press firmly so crumbs adhere.
Place on wax paper and chill 30 minutes.
Pour oil to a depth of 1-inch into a large heavy skillet.
Heat to 350 degrees.
Fry cheese sticks until golden.
Drain on paper towels.
- Assistance sought in identifying novel, abnormal traits in calves
- Cash Cowboys aim to be true to their core values in their reality TV series
- A local Greeley, Colo., business growing from seed
- FFA members teach young students about agriculture so they can grow up to be informed consumers
- Baxter Black: To judge livestock, one must juggle the possibilities