Mexican Potato Bake
January 4, 2018
Thelma Horton • Longmont, Colo.
- 1 lb. Ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 Bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c. Broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Potatoes, thinly sliced, divided
- 1 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic powder (2 garlic cloves, chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Canola oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a skillet heat the Canola oil and mix in the ground beef, cook until browned. Add veggies and continue to cook until tender. Add seasoning and the chopped tomatoes, make sure to stir well so all flavors are blended. Arrange half of the potatoes in the bottom of a baking dish. Pour meat mixture over potatoes and add remaining potatoes in a single layer. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. If desired, uncover and sprinkle with cheese and bake 10 more minutes.
- Livestock lost: Colorado woman loses cattle to modern day rustler
- Kangaroos in Wyoming?!
- State veterinarian’s office investigates Colorado Equine Herpesvirus case
- GrazeNebraska: Kalkowski family committed to stewardship in Boyd County, Neb.
- Trump to name undersecretary for natural resources, environment