Peach Bread | Marlene Maurer – Lakewood, Colo.
July 30, 2018
1 c. dried peaches
1 c. warm water
1 c. sugar
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1/4 c. reserved juice or peach nectar
1/2 c. orange juice concentrate
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 c. chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Chop peaches and soak 30 minutes in water.
Drain and save excess water (if there is none, use peach nectar.)
Stir in sugar, butter, reserved juice and orange juice concentrate.
Sift together flour, baking powder and soda.
Add nuts coated with flour mixture.
Combine all ingredients and stir only enough to mix well.
Let stand 20 minutes before cooking.
Grease and flour a loaf pan and bake for 75 minutes.
Trending In: Recipes
- Farm bill panel: Senate bill or bust
- USDA approved additional food options to Florida SNAP participants impacted by Hurricane Michael
- Budd Falen takes position in Interior Department as Deputy Solicitor for Wildlife and Parks
- Colorado’s Bledsoe Cattle Company earns CAB cattle feeding honors
- Mixed reactions to Budd Falen being named to key fish and wildlife job