Peach French Toast
June 27, 2017
Marlene Maurer • Lakewood, Colo.
- 1 c. Brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 1 (29 oz) can Sliced peaches, drained
- 12 (1/2-inch thick) slices Day old bread
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
In a saucepan, stir brown sugar, butter and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour brown sugar mixture in a 9-by-13-inch pan, covering bottom. Place peach slices over sugar mixture. Top with bread. Whisk eggs and vanilla then pour over bread to coat evenly. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate over night or 8 hours. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking to bring to room temperature. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Trending In: Recipes
- FDA warns 2 feed mills in Neb., and Minn., about monensin contamination in horse feed
- A miracle in the works: JR Vezain on the road to recovery after severe back injury
- Most weather signs are pointing to an El Nino weather pattern this fall and winter
- USDA provides Hurricane Michael victims needed relief and recovery aid