June 27, 2017
Marlene Maurer • Lakewood, Colo.
- 1 (4 lb) Beef Bottom Round Rump Roast
- 1 Vidalia Onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 Onion, cut into thin slices for serving
- 1 (14 oz) can Beef Broth
- 1 (12 oz) Bottle Beer
- 2 (12 oz) jars Pepperoncini, including juice, stems removed
- 12 Crusty Sandwich Rolls, split
- Sliced Provolone Cheese, optional
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
In a deep roasting pan or a large ovenproof Dutch oven, place rump roast fat side up.
Scatter thickly sliced onion around the roast.
Pour in broth, beer and both jars of pepperoncini including juice.
Cover and bake 5 hours or until very tender; beef should pull apart easily with a fork.
With a slotted spoon, remove peppers from pan; set aside.
Recommended Stories For You
Skim fat from the pan juices.
Remove and discard fat from the top of the roast.
Leaving the roast in the pan, shred meat with two forks.
Let stand 1 hour at room temperature.
To serve, place beef on rolls, spooning some of the pan juices and peppers over the meat.
Add raw onion slices and provolone, if desired.
Makes 12 servings.
Trending In: Recipes
- FDA warns 2 feed mills in Neb., and Minn., about monensin contamination in horse feed
- A miracle in the works: JR Vezain on the road to recovery after severe back injury
- Most weather signs are pointing to an El Nino weather pattern this fall and winter
- USDA provides Hurricane Michael victims needed relief and recovery aid