July 6, 2017
Sharon Raasch· Imperial Neb.
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. lean ground beef or chuck
- 4 slices rye bread
- 8 to 16 oz. sauerkraut drained and rinsed
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Thousand Island dressing (optional)
- Dill pickle slices (optional)
Saute the onion slices in butter; set aside.
Shape ground beef into four patties.
Fry in skillet or broil to desired doneness, turning to evenly brown.
Place hamburger patties on the rye bread slices on a broiler rack.
Top burgers with sauerkraut, onion and cheese.
Broil until cheese is melted.
Recommended Stories For You
Serve with Thousand Island dressing or pickle slices if desired.
Makes 4 Reuben burgers.
Send your recipes, name and address to: The Fence Post, P.O. Box 1690, Greeley, Colo., 80631
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Trending In: Recipes
- Farm bill panel: Senate bill or bust
- Water czar unveils Wyoming plan for a West-wide reckoning
- Colorado’s Bledsoe Cattle Company earns CAB cattle feeding honors
- Budd Falen takes position in Interior Department as Deputy Solicitor for Wildlife and Parks
- USDA approved additional food options to Florida SNAP participants impacted by Hurricane Michael