Shredded Chicken Gyros | Sharon Raasch – Imperial, Neb.
August 6, 2018
2 medium onions, chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. lemon juice
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 whole pita breads
In a 3-quart slow cooker, combine first nine ingredients; add chicken.
Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender (a thermometer should read at least 165 degrees)
Remove chicken from slow cooker.
Shred with two forks; return to slow cooker.
Using tongs, place chicken mixture on pita breads.
Trending In: Recipes
- Farm bill panel: Senate bill or bust
- USDA approved additional food options to Florida SNAP participants impacted by Hurricane Michael
- Budd Falen takes position in Interior Department as Deputy Solicitor for Wildlife and Parks
- Colorado’s Bledsoe Cattle Company earns CAB cattle feeding honors
- Mixed reactions to Budd Falen being named to key fish and wildlife job