Sloppy Joe Sliders
July 6, 2017
Marlene Maurer· Lakewood, Colo.
- 1 large carrot
- 10 oz lean ground beef
- 3/4 c. prechopped onion
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1 t. dijon mustard
- 1 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t. tomato paste
- 1 t. red wine vinegar
- 8 ox. can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 8 slider hamburger buns
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. While the pan is heating, grate a carrot.
Add carrot, beef and onion to the pan; cook for six minutes or until beef is browned and vegetables are tender.
Add garlic powder, chili powder and pepper. Cook for one minute.
Combine 1/4 c. ketchup and the next five ingredients (through tomato sauce) in a small bowl. Add ketchup mixture to pan, stirring to evenly coat beef mixture.
Simmer for five minutes or until thickened.
Recommended Stories For You
While sauce thickens, arrange buns, cut side up in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Broil two minutes or until lightly toasted.
Place about 1/4 c. beef mixture on bottom half of each of eight buns; top each slider with top half of bun.
Send your recipes, name and address to: The Fence Post, P.O. Box 1690, Greeley, Colo., 80631
or e-mail email@example.com
Trending In: Recipes
- Farm bill panel: Senate bill or bust
- Water czar unveils Wyoming plan for a West-wide reckoning
- Colorado’s Bledsoe Cattle Company earns CAB cattle feeding honors
- Budd Falen takes position in Interior Department as Deputy Solicitor for Wildlife and Parks
- USDA approved additional food options to Florida SNAP participants impacted by Hurricane Michael