Sloppy Joe Sliders
July 6, 2017
Marlene Maurer· Lakewood, Colo.
- 1 large carrot
- 10 oz lean ground beef
- 3/4 c. prechopped onion
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1 t. dijon mustard
- 1 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t. tomato paste
- 1 t. red wine vinegar
- 8 ox. can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 8 slider hamburger buns
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. While the pan is heating, grate a carrot.
Add carrot, beef and onion to the pan; cook for six minutes or until beef is browned and vegetables are tender.
Add garlic powder, chili powder and pepper. Cook for one minute.
Combine 1/4 c. ketchup and the next five ingredients (through tomato sauce) in a small bowl. Add ketchup mixture to pan, stirring to evenly coat beef mixture.
Simmer for five minutes or until thickened.
Recommended Stories For You
While sauce thickens, arrange buns, cut side up in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Broil two minutes or until lightly toasted.
Place about 1/4 c. beef mixture on bottom half of each of eight buns; top each slider with top half of bun.
Send your recipes, name and address to: The Fence Post, P.O. Box 1690, Greeley, Colo., 80631
or e-mail email@example.com
Trending In: Recipes
- JBS fined $50,000 for inaccurately recording weights, grades and prices of carcasses
- UPDATED DAILY: Wrangler NFR 2018 Round Results
- Filming Feek’s Vision: Legendary stock contractor’s story documented in movie
- Perdue talks China soybean sales, trade payments
- 2017 Wrangler NFR Round 10 Results and Final Standings