Sloppy Joes | Sharon Raasch – Imperial, Neb.
September 3, 2018
1 pound ground beef
1 c. Chopped onion
1 c. Green bell pepper, chopped
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. vinegar
1 c. Ketchup
2 tbsp. prepared mustard
1/2 tsp. Ground cloves
1 tsp. Salt
4 hamburger buns, split
In a large skillet over medium heat, combine ground beef, onion and green pepper.
Cook until beef is browned, and drain off excess grease.
Stir in brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup and mustard; season with cloves and salt.
Simmer for 30 minutes on low.
Serve on hamburger buns.
Trending In: Recipes
- A challenging time for aerial applicators as they share the air with other aircraft
- Colorado cowboy’s late invite turns into big day
- Former Colorado Ag Commissioner Don Brown and Crisis Line featured at 3R Symposium
- ‘Prayers and Perseverance’ Nebraska vet says worst of livestock health effects still to come
- James Arness on Anzio Beach in WWII