Waffles | Sharon Raasch – Imperial, Neb.
September 10, 2018
2 eggs, beaten
3 tbsp. melted shortening
1 1/3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. sugar
1 c. sweet milk
2 egg whites, beaten stiff
Combine eggs and shortening and blend well.
Sift dry ingredients, together, and add alternately with milk.
Fold in egg whites.
Bake in hot waffle iron, which has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Trending In: Recipes
- A challenging time for aerial applicators as they share the air with other aircraft
- Colorado cowboy’s late invite turns into big day
- Former Colorado Ag Commissioner Don Brown and Crisis Line featured at 3R Symposium
- ‘Prayers and Perseverance’ Nebraska vet says worst of livestock health effects still to come
- James Arness on Anzio Beach in WWII