Rocky Mountain Ag Calendar 8-17-09
• Colorado Corn Administrative Committee Elections, 4 p.m., Irrigation Research Foundation, Yuma, Colo., (970) 351-8201 or http://www.ColoradoCorn.com.
• West Greeley Conservation District Free Small Acreage Workshop, 8:30 a.m-12:30 p.m., Island Grove Regional Park, Greeley, Colo., (970) 356-8097 ex. 3.
• Phillips/Sedgwick County District Corn Election, 12-2 p.m., Communty Center, Haxtun, Colo., (970) 351-8201 or http://www.ColoradoCorn.com.
• Kit Carson/Washington/Cheyenne County District Corn Election, 12-2 p.m., The Post, Burlington, Colo., (970) 351-8201 or http://www.ColoradoCorn.com.
• “Bridging the Gap: Collaborative Conservation from the Ground Up,” CSU Campus, Ft. Collins, http://www.CollaborativeConservation.org.
• Meeker Classic Sheepdog Trials, Meeker, Colo., (970) 878-5342.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Direct democracy came to Colorado with the first ballot initiative that went before voters in 1880, an amendment regarding Uniform Taxes. It read: To Submit to the Qualified Electors of the State of Colorado an…