West Slope Ag Events
– Mesa County Cattlemen’s Association meeting, 7 p.m., Jockey Club Bldg., Mesa County Fairgrounds, Grand Junction, Colo.
May 12 – 14
– Hotchkiss Sheep Camp Stock Dog Trials, 1:30 Friday, May 12, 7 a.m. Saturday & Sunday, May 13 & 14, Hotchkiss, Colo., PH: 970-921-7671, 970-872-6265 or 970-872-3226, or visit http://www.hotchkisschamber.com
– Western Colorado Team Penning Association team penning, Delta County Fairgrounds Event Center, Hotchkiss, Colo., PH: 970-872-3390
May 13 – 14
– 11th Annual Lions Club Car Show, in the lot of Zack’s Barbecue, Hotchkiss, Colo., PH: 970-872-3226
June 9 – 11
– Rocky Mountain Mule Days, Montrose, Colo. PH: 828-684-6828
June 30 – July 1
– Ride for the Brand Longhorn Cattle Drive & Working Ranch Rodeo, Colorado Springs, Colo. PH: 719-635-7776 http://www.westernjubilee.com
July 14 – 23
– 106th Annual Gunnison Cattlemen’s Days Rodeo, Gunnison, Colo. PH: 800-274-7580, http://www.GunnisonCrestedButte.com
August 12 & 13
– Gold Rush Days, Buena Vista, Colo. PH: 719-395-6612
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
PAUSE: Ballot initiative to criminalize husbandry practices would cost consumers, limit food availability
A ballot initiative proposed, currently known as Protect Animals from Unnecessary Suffering and Exploitation (PAUSE), is awaiting an appearance before the title board after being filed with the Colorado Secretary of State. Proponents Alexander Sage…