Wildlife question? | TheFencePost.com

Wildlife question?

Do you ever wonder what to do with that skunk living under your deck, or those rabbits eating your sod and nibbling on your bushes and trees? Are you worried about your pets being eaten by coyotes or foxes, or how to deal with those pesky tree squirrels in your back yard?

The building boom along Colorado’s Front Range has forced wildlife to flee or to adapt to urban living. Animals that adapt often find themselves face-to-face with humans who don’t want to share the habitat. To assist in resolving these conflicts between humans and animals, Cooperative Extension volunteers have received special training in resolving wildlife conflicts from Colorado State University. Wildlife Masters are volunteers who help citizens make informed decisions about nuisance and desired wildlife in urban, suburban and rural settings.

If you desire assistance in resolving Wildlife conflicts contact the Weld County Wildlife Masters Hotline in the Weld County Extension Office, (970) 356-4000 ext. 4190.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User


Husker project examines milk as possible cancer fighter


LINCOLN, Neb. — In health care, perhaps no word sends a more chilling message than “cancer.” Brain tumors, for example, prove especially resistant to current treatments. Only 5% of patients with that condition survive more…

See more