Workshops planned for youth leaders in Nebraska
NORTH PLATTE, Neb. – A series of six workshops in March and April will provide inspiration and ideas for 4-H leaders and others working with youth, said Extension Educator Shane Potter.
“Spring Heart and Hands” will provide participants with hands-on activities they can take back to their home communities to help youth. One part of the program will focus on careers by helping youth envision which of their own personality traits might lend themselves to particular jobs. Another module will focus on tobacco education with scientific experiments that demonstrate the health effects of tobacco use.
Times and locations of the workshops include:
– Thurs., March 19 – Buffalo County Extension Office, Kearney, 7 p.m.
– Mon., March 23 – College Park, Fonner Park Room, Grand Island, 6:30 p.m.
– Mon., March 30 – Adams County Fairgrounds, Hastings, 6:30 p.m.
– Mon., March 30 – Lincoln/McPherson County Extension Office, North Platte, 7 p.m.
– Thurs., April 9 – Keith County Fairgrounds, Ogallala, 7 p.m. MT
– Thurs., April 30 – Imperial Lead Library, Imperial, 7 p.m., MT
Potter requested participants to pre-register at least a week prior to the class attended. The registration fee is $10 or $15 at the door. To register, contact the county office where the workshop is being held or call Shane at (308) 696-6708.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User