‘National Day’ day
As everybody knows, on every single day in every single month in every single year, there’s a designated “National Day” celebrating whatever. Such as: the National Bird Day or the National Hat Day or — you get the idea.
I have, thereby, been inspired to contrive a Personal Designated National Day for each day of January 2019 to honor (embarrass) the ideas, resolutions, activities, ponderings and time-wasting moments that occur in this household.
• January 1 is … Failure to Keep New Year’s Resolution Day
• January 2 is … Failure to Check Vehicle in Response to Dash Light Indicating Low Tire Day
• January 3 is … Accidentally Shutting Cat in Bathroom Day
Support Local Journalism
• January 4 is … Forgetting to Mail Past-Due Christmas Cards Day
• January 5 is … Yelling at Cat on Kitchen Counter Day
• January 6 is … Cowdog Chasing Deer Day
• January 7 is … Horse Getting in Carport and Leaving Deposits Day
• January 8 is … Pick Up Week’s Mail from Post Office and Throw Out Junk Mail Day
• January 9 is … Avoid Boredom by Not Attending Organization Meeting Day
• January 10 is … Refrain from Murdering Annoying Cat Day
• January 11 is … Failure to Write Checks for Bills Due Yesterday Day
• January 12 is … Edit Manuscripts Day
• January 13 is … Find Arms and Legs Day
• January 14 is … Avoid Cooking Day
• January 15 is … Return Overdue Books to Library Day
• January 16 is … Avoid Attending Wind Farm Pro/Con Meeting Day
• January 17 is … Join Friend for World Problem-Solving Adult-Beverage Lunch in Town Day
• January 18 is … Write New Song Parody About Current Politics Day
• January 19 is … Pizza with Anchovies Day
• January 20 is … Edit Manuscript Day
• January 21 is … Edit Still Another Manuscript Day
• January 22 is … Failure to Edit Manuscripts Day
• January 23 is … Make Appointment for Hair Dye and Pedicure Day
• January 24 is … Finally Mail Christmas Cards Day
• January 25 is … Finally Write January Bills Day
• January 26 is … Determine to Be Early Writing Weekly Column Day
• January 27 is … Scream at Telemarketers Day
• January 28 is … Failure to Have Kept Any New Year’s Resolutions Day
• January 29 is … Get Dressed Before Noon Day
• January 30 is … Write This Week’s Column Ahead-of-Time Day
• January 31 is … Failure to Write Column Ahead-of-Time Day
Conclusion: Maybe things will improve in February. And … my favorite Day is number 17. ❖
Support Local Journalism
Readers like you make the Fence Post’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User