10 Things to Do to Manage Resistant Kochia
January 19, 2012
1. Use tank mixes. Efficacy on kochia will increase.
2. Use full labeled herbicide rates.
3. Apply post-emergent tank mixes to kochia before the weed is 6 inches tall.
4. Actively growing kochia is easier to control than weeds that are under moisture stress.
5. Apply herbicides with 3 to 10 gallons per acre water.
6. Use recommended additives and adjuvants.
Recommended Stories For You
7. Flat fan nozzles are recommended.
8. Re-apply herbicides as later kochia flushes emerge.
9. Rotate crops along with herbicides.
10. Follow all manufacturer recommendations to enhance coverage and minimize drift risk.
Source: @2011 Monsanto Company